Here are some interesting Email Marketing statistics.
- At the end of 2011 there were over 3.146 billion email accounts (Radicaiti Group)
- 83% of all emails usually arrive in the recipient’s inbox (IBM)
- 27% of emails were opened on mobile devices by second half of 2011 (Knotice)
According to eConsultancy a third of email marketing companies have no strategy in place for emails opened on mobile devices
- Investment in email marketing projected to grow from $1.3B in 2014 to $2B by 2014 (Forrester).
- 59% of B2B marketers say email is most effective channel in generating revenue (BtoB Magazine).
- 75% of small to medium sized business websites lack an email link on their homepage for consumers to contact business (BIA/Kelsey)
These statistics are a clear indication that email marketing is still the most important means of communication when it comes to marketing products and services.
They also reveal that businesses still do not have a proper email marketing strategy for their business.
Email marketing has a number of benefits for your business.
Here are several key benefits of email marketing.
- Email Marketing has proven to work – According to a recent survey in 2012 by Exact target, 66% of online Americans have bought something as a result of receiving something via email.
- Cost Effective – It is very cheap to implement. In 2011 email marketing bought in $40.56 for every $1.00 spent (Direct Marketing Association). Therefore, this proves that email marketing still offers a large return on your investment.
- Strengthens relationships with your prospect – You can also build one-on-one relationships with current and potential new customers. Generally, customers buy from businesses that they trust – therefore, email marketing can build this trust by building a strong relationship.
- Increase your sales conversions – It has also been proven that email marketing can drastically increase your sales conversions. Depending on the message and the offer you are promoting you can increase your profits virtually overnight.
- Helps build brand awareness – Each time you send out an email to your prospect it builds brand awareness and helps your customers be informed of your latest offerings.
- Gain Valuable Feedback – Finally, email marketing can help you gain valuable feedback from customers. This can help you to see what you are doing right and what areas you can improve to help meet the needs of your customers.